4K apps question - Amazon, Netflix, etc

Discussion in 'Misc Video Apps for SkyStream Streaming Players' started by Walden69, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Walden69

Walden69 New Member

Do the apps from VUDU, Netflix and Amazon support 4K on the Skystream One? Wondering if it's time to retire my (Roku) or keep it for special occasions.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  2. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Unfortunately
    I have no info on this, I have no need for those apps, even though I am a prime member. Everything I could possibly need to watch is found in KODI
    And I do not have a 4k TV
    Maybe you will get some feedback from another member
    I retitired my fire TV long ago
    I do have Amazon Prime Music installed on my Skysyream One
    Sorry I was not helpful

3. Loki007420

Loki007420 New Member

I can say for Netflix no it doesn't. The others i dont know.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  4. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

This is incorrect
    The Skystream ONE has a Netflix App

5. Loki007420

Loki007420 New Member

You are correct it has Netflix. But not Netflix with 4k support, which is what he was asking.

:)

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  6. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

My Bad
    I get my nose so deep in cleaning the massive amounts of daily spam, and banning spammers, sometimes I am guilty of not paying close attention to the stuff that really matters
    UGH
    Thank You for being on top of things

You Rock

7. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Good News

Skystream has released a newer version of Netflix app that improves playback resolution
    IMPORTANT.THE UPDATER APP INSTRUCTS TO UNINSTALL CURRENT NETFLIX APP B4 PROCEEDING, DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
    Open the Skystream Updater Application and follow the instructions(You must be running the latest version of the Skystream Updater App), if you dont have the Skystream Updater App, click on Downloads Tab ,Top Right of Forum Home Page

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. Loki007420

Loki007420 New Member

I saw this last night so i tbought id give it a try..

I ran the install in the skystream updater, it kept failing (app not installed message). Then k noticed in the notes you need to uninstall the previous version. So i did that and when i go into the skystream updater it tells me Netflix is up to date (netflix is no longer installed).

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  9. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

You failed to follow the instructions written right next to update button, always read carefully, :)
    No worries
    Go to One HOME/Settings/Apps/Skystream Updater/Clear Data
    Re open updater, run netflix update
    Let me know if this solves it for you

10. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Thanks ♡
    I edited my original post reminding users to uninstall current version