Connecting An External Hard Drive

Discussion in 'SkyStream Settings & Tips & Tricks' started by SVENSWORLD, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Jayson

Jayson New Member

Finally found a program to reformat the HDD to Fat32 and its working like a charm.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  2. halfmile78

halfmile78 Active Member

Sven and Jayson--I'm having the same issues. Download from genisis to external drive, but movie just isn't there. I'm going to hook drive up to my desktop and see if I can figure something out. I'll let you guys know if I figure something out.--

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  3. Jayson

Jayson New Member

You have to reformat the HDD from NTFS to Fat32 format for the Android to be able to write to it.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  4. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Mhart14
    If your drive has its own power supply you should be ok, my drive is 250 g and can get power from the usb, 1 T may be to large to power from the skystream usb, it might work but continued useage might fry the port

5. halfmile78

halfmile78 Active Member

Ok Jayson. I'm not tech savie. How do I dg o that?

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  6. Jayson

Jayson New Member

Keep in mind im no expert myself, what i know ive just recently learned in the last few days. Do any of this at your own risk, and i suggest you read about it and do some research yourself.

Also keep in mind when you format the external hard drive to Fat32 you'll lose everything on the drive so back it up somewhere first.

From what ive read if you have a Mac or access to one the process is easy to do through the Disk Utility program that comes installed on every Mac. (Never tried myself). If you only have access to a PC like myself i used a program from Ridgecrop Consultants LTD. Its a free program http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm Click on the picture of the program on that page and it will download. Select the drive you want to format, the allocation unit size (i just selected the largest value and it formatted all 4tb of mine), name the drive and click "Start". It only took a few seconds and it was done.

Good luck and i hope this helps, i know it would have saved me hours of searching for how to do this.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  7. halfmile78

halfmile78 Active Member

Thanks Jayson, but I couldn't do that. Have alot of pics and stuff on there, I think it would be a hassle. Thanks anyways though.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  8. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Jayson
    your contributions to the forum and My SkystreamX FB group are right on the money.Thanks for reporting

Jayson likes this.
  9. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

The Skystream ONE can accept up to a 1T HD .It must be self powered