Continues to blink

Discussion in 'SkyStream X4 Streaming Media Player' started by Mary, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Mary

Mary New Member

I have the skystream 4. Last week it started to blink off and on, just showing the skystream logo. I have unplugged it, unplugged my modem, turned my tv off and on, but nothing helps. I even pushed buttons on my remote. Any idea? It did stop for a few days, but now it's doing it again.

Thanks,
    Mary

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  2. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

3. Mary

Mary New Member

Thank you so much for your help! I did try your suggestion, and I found the little click inside, before I plugged the power cord back in, but now it seems there is no signal. I know it's not the hdmi cord, I have a roku and I have tried both hdmi cords on both boxes, the roku is fine. Also while the blue triangle comes on, there was a little red light in the optical plug in the back and now that is not lit. Could it be my power cord, I read another post and made me think that might be my problem. Do you think radio shack would have a power cord that would work? I have other power cords, but the volt numbers are different. Or do you think it is my box? I think I have had it 2 years, bought it just before the new came out (just my luck!). Thank you, any other suggestions would be great!

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  4. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Contact Skystream Customer Service

It IS your power cord

I had the same issue, they sent me a new cord

Perfect, fired right up, issue was gone

Reference all the steps you have taken

Tell them all you told me

Call them between 9 -5 M-F or
    Email them
    Include your original order # if you still have it ♡

Its not your box

99 percent sure its the power cord

Mary likes this.
  5. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Or click on support at the top of this forum, scroll all the way down to shop products, replacement parts, replacement power supply $5.99, make sure you click on the item that does not say its for the "ONE" ♡♡♡

Mary likes this.
  6. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

PS
    I just read that its two years old, probably out of warranty, but they sell replacement power supplies for cheap ♡♡♡◇◇

Mary likes this.
  7. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Mary are you on facebook

There is a wonderful help group called
    "my skystreamx"

You should request to join and say hi

Mary likes this.
  8. Mary

Mary New Member

UPDATE!! It was the power cord! I went to radio shack, they wanted 45.00 for a cord! I came home and ordered one from skystream.Com for 5.00! It came today, I plugged it in and BOOM! My skystream came right on. Thank you sooooooo much

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  9. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Its what we do
    I am a customer just like you
    I love the product
    Which makes me excited about helping others
    Glad you are up and running again Mary

10. andorraski

andorraski Member

Another happy customer:):)

SVENSWORLD likes this.