Live video...

Discussion in 'SkyStream X4 Streaming Media Player' started by Fernando, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Fernando

Fernando New Member

So I try to watch my local news which stream online live. If I play it on my iPad it streams perfectly. When I stream it through sky stream box the sound goes on without a hitch but video stalls and lags... Anyone have any help ideas? Also I have a lot of buffering issues in Kodi? I have time warner 200 internet speed which is 2nd fastest they offer and I'm hard wire connected. I don't understand why it happens

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  2. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

You are picking bad streams
    Dont click the top streams, scroll down
    Buffering coming from the server
    Try a real debrid account
    Where are u, what is your local news

Fernando likes this.
  3. Fernando

Fernando New Member

Hawaii... KHON even has an app. I play it on app and on sky stream browser and same thing happens. Clear and fluid on tablet and desktop.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  4. Fernando

Fernando New Member

Even when I pick SD streams in Kodi it buffers. Don't have too many things connected on wifi. You would think I'd be able to watch top tier HD selections no?

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  5. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Have you unplugged your router, wait 1 min, plug back in, reconfigure networkconnection setting on X4?

6. Fernando

Fernando New Member

Have no idea how to re configure... Do you know where I can find step by step? Thx

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  7. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Skystream Home Screen/Settings/Network

8. Steve Starr

Steve Starr Member

Why does the sound work but the video freezes after unpausing... worked fine before the last time kodi updated some of it's addons... so what gives... what got changed... cause I changed nothing... all I did was go into kodi...

now the video is frozen but the sound plays fine AFTER a pause and unpause... have to reverse and then hit play sometimes more then once to get the video portion to play...

9. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

This has absolutely nothing to do with the KODI update app

Do you do custom tweaks to your box or just run it stock, this is an X4 correc

10. Steve Starr

Steve Starr Member

yes it is an X4 and if it has nothing to do with KODI update then why does this happen AFTER something on KODI gets updated?

works just fine then I see message after message about something getting updated and then it STOPS working....

did not say it was the KODI update app... said something that got updated cause the problem... one of the updated apps may have changed something in the settings...

hey how about you tell me how to fix it when the update comes and and changes my pause and play?

then I don't have to come on here OVER and OVER and complain about it... ?

I just made a request thourgh contacts to return this item... doubt anyone would want to buy it... I AM FED UP WITH IT!!!!

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  11. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

The box has a 30 day return policy, even with your extenuating circumstances, that ship has sailed
    I had offered to help you , I asked for your phone#, I never got a response to my PM
    I doubt you are keeping up with the updates via the Elite Mods Team facebook page

You should be running the Freak Tab Media Center Fork of KODI 16.1 on your box currently
    That is what the update app installs

If you are not your box wont work