Lost sound on DTV

Discussion in 'SkyStream Settings & Tips & Tricks' started by Kathy, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Was playing around with various settings and lost the sound on DTV. All I thought I did was turn on auto detect sound which then gave me static on the stations, turned it back off and no sound. Rebooted the box, doubled checked all the cables, checked regular FiOS (haven't cut the cord all the way yet) and it is working fine. Rescanned the channels, still no sound. I must have messed something up. Modbro worked fine and I am sure the other programs will work too. Any ideas of how to fix this?

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  2. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Played around a little more and fixed it. Yeah!

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  3. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Kathy,
    Do you have any idea what caused it and what the fix was
    The volume was only gone in the DTV app?

4. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I changed a setting which said something about detecting audio, possibly in DTV itself-- don't remember exactly which screen I was in at the time, thought I had changed it back which then gave me silence, where the original change gave me static. The next time I changed it to PCM or something else, but it now works. :) Not sitting in front of the box right now or I could probably find it and type exactly what I changed. :)

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  5. UniSonBBS

UniSonBBS New Member

I will have to try this when I get home because I lost my audio yesterday. It was waving in and out and then went to this pulsing static sound but I also don't have sound for say Netflix. I did not try PCM but I had tried the others and auto setting with no luck.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  6. Brandon Smith

Brandon Smith New Member

I'm having the same issue with the sound in the DTV app on my X5. Any advice to what happened. It was working. Now no sound. Help please