1. HGTVfan

HGTVfan New Member

I just got my SkyStream One box and from my experience it was not a good buy. Why does so many of the shows have "no media"? Seems like every show I watch is not there. I was told, I could watch every show that come on TV and cable. I'm finding that's not true. Also, I have to wait for the next day to pick up on a soap opera that I watch or I find there's "no media available". Can someone help or is this thing limited.?

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  2. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Hi HG
    Let me help you
    First of all
    Can you run the speed test app and tell me what the results are
    How are you connected to your router with your box, WIFI or Ethernet Cable?

Secondly
    What are some of the shows you like to watch
    I can try and help you find some good sources for them
    We need to establish that you have a solid connection speed first

3. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

So you are trying to find HGTV
    This is a posting about locating reliable places to watch HGTV and House Hunters using Addons in KODI
    Am I correct

4. HGTVfan

HGTVfan New Member

One of Skystream reps called, me did a speed test and I was around 5 or 6. He suggested I get more megabites, which I upgraded my internet to 50 mbps. I'm connected by WiFi.
    The shows I watch are mainly on HGTV, I have found at least four or five apps showing the show titles, but no streams available. Then I found HGTV and HGTV Canada, but they are not live shows they are some of the older ones. House Hunters for example only have about 6 shows for the Boston area.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  5. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

You are not going to find HGTV live, and definitely not live local
    Thebest way to watch live local TV is with cable, or an HD antenna( which depending on your coverage area) may becan excellent companion to your new Skystream One
    Let me look aroundbtoday for HGTV and House Hunters, and seebif I learn anything you don't already know
    I wouldn't personally give up on the Skystream should it fail to stream one or two shows
    First remember tgat the Skystream One is meerly a tool , the software and content have nothingbto do with Skystream
    KODI is an application , made by the KODI developers who have no connection to Skystream, and the Addons within KODI are made by 3rd party developers that have nothing to dowith KODI
    So did you have your Speed increased yet
    Can you report a higher Mbps return

The beauty of a Skystream Box to me is the unlimited amount of content at my finger tips
    The other night I watched an episode of Breaking Bad, than a Flipper(yep...Flipper, ♡), Than a new Beatles Doccumentary that csme out this summer , and than a new episode of Kevin Can Wait an hour after it originally aired
    I can tell you that I am 54, am a vintage TV nut, I was very skeptical and on the fence when I first got my box cause I dodn't understand how to drive it and I wasnt comfortable
    Like getting stick shift car when you are used to driving an automatic, but once you get the clutch down, you never look back
    ♡♡♡♡♡

If you are able to be patient, you will definitely get your moneys worth from your new toy

In a nutshell
    All the search engines in KODI are tied to one Database of everything that was ever entered into it, its not a database of everything that exists in KODI, so you can find a search result, but then get "No Stream Available"

6. HGTVfan

HGTVfan New Member

I ran the speedtest 3 times one stated download was 18.26 another had 15.91 and another 38.21 so I'm a bit confused by that. I understand there are a lot of content at your finger tips, but if you are not allowed to watch it doesn't seems useful to me. When I was told about SkyStream, I was under the impression that if I had the internet speed I could watch the shows I wanted.
    I found under Goodfellows, a link for daily shows, there I was able to see the House Hunter show that aired, but again No Stream Available.
    Can you explain two things: (1) What does No Stream Available mean and why does it happen? (2) Why does it state to check Log on some sites?

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  7. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

No stream available means that there is no stream available
    Lol
    The Skystream box is equipment, that runs software(KODI), that has within it, 3rd party software, which can point you to TV shows and Movies that have been uploaded
    The stream can be unavailable for so many reasons
    It never existed
    The server is having issues
    The link has been taken down
    To name a few

Check log is just computer language for developers so they can know if and why their Python code may have failed, and they can repair code

You or I do not read or write code, so the log is obsolete
    When I get that message I try another stream
    If I get that message across an entire addon's content, it is probably fown, if I get that messge accross an entireaddons content, but I know the addon isnt down, like Phoenix or Exodus
    It can mean I havent been closing KODI the right way, and that I need to maybe clear Android KODI cache or run Skystream updater again
    Dont look for a recently aired episode 5 minutes later, give it a few hours sometimes its up right away, but sometimes its not

I have been crazy busy with work, so i havent got a chance to dive in it and really check out the house hunter thing, i promise tonight or tomorrow
    I am on the east coast and I am currently cleaning up leaves
    Ugh

8. HGTVfan

HGTVfan New Member

Thanks Sven, you have been a great help. I now understand a little bit. I was able to view one of the shows I was looking for on Friday. It came up on Saturday. Still not able to see any of the HGTV programs yet. I'll wait back for your suggestions.

Sorry about the leaves, at least your guys have a beautiful scenery with the fall colors. We just have palm trees. lol

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  9. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

I found similar results in velocity, all the house hunter seasons listed, but no playable streams, im still on this tonight after work