SkystreamX Exclusive Addon Access

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Addon Discussion' started by Scalin, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Scalin

Scalin New Member

I received an email today having this subject (see above)

In this email it is said:

Quote:

New Exclusive Addon Available

Please read the instructions below!
    We have access to an addon that is not normally available to the public. This addon has many live streams that involve "Competitive Activities" from around the world and most of them are in HQ-HD quality.Please follow the instructions exactly when emailing us for instructions.

You MUST include your Order Number / Amazon / Ebay Order Number in the email.

You MUST include your MAC Address in the email. The MAC Address is listed on the bottom / Underside of your unit. It has numbers and letters in it and is 12 characters long.

If you do not send BOTH your order number and MAC Address in your first email request, the email will be deleted.

Please send your request to addon@skystreamx.com. Please allow 24-48 hours to receive the instructions before sending a second request.

Unquote

These days you cannot trust anybody.

1. Has somebody received this message?

2. There is no discussion on forum on this subject.

3. Is this a genuine message from SkyStreamX

4. Sven, what do you think?

Thank you.

Mhart14 likes this.
  2. Mhart14

Mhart14 Active Member

Scalin,I have recieved the same message and it is legit. Skystream does not hack anyone if that is what you are concerned about. The message is a perfect example of the awesome customer service they provide for their loyal customers,or as dome of us like to say Skystream Family(or at least I do) I have had my box for about 10 months now and the service and support that Skystream provides is second to none. Reply to the message and go from there. You will see what I mean.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  3. Mhart14

Mhart14 Active Member

Correction from above- some of us like to say Skystream Family-not dome. That would be dome or dumb of me lol.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  4. Scalin

Scalin New Member

Thank you very much, Mhart14. I already replied to the message.

I am proud to be part of this family and I really appreciate their customer support.

I have the box for less than 3-4 months I guess and I was never asked to provide any info.

You know, these days when you are asked to provide same info I start questioning.

In fact, this is why the forums are setup, to share our experience.

Again thank you very much for your answer.

SVENSWORLD and Mhart14 like this.
  5. Mhart14

Mhart14 Active Member

You are welcome Scalin. Feel free to ask for any help or advice on this forum or the other support forums that are available for Skystream users.Welcome to the Sky stream family.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  6. maddiesdad

maddiesdad Member

Waiting for my email offer.......lol

SVENSWORLD and Mhart14 like this.
  7. Mhart14

Mhart14 Active Member

I'm sure you will get a responce soon. There is probably a lot of Skystreamers to respond to.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  8. maddiesdad

maddiesdad Member

I am quite content with my Skystreamx purchase. Offer comes my way, great. Doesn't, all good.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  9. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

MD
    I have the worst time initially getting email from SkystreamX, I never seem to get it through my ISP, If you have an established email connection with them, you dont need to wait for an invite, grab the mac address off the bottom of your box, and the order # from your purchase email, or amazon etc send to Skystream x with a request to get the login info for their exclusive addon.Folliw the instructions in the post .Scalin copied the email he was sent, but you dont need an invite

maddiesdad likes this.
  10. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

The Addon Is Down Indefinitely

Mhart14 likes this.
  11. Mhart14

Mhart14 Active Member

Oh well add ons come and go. It isn't like we are out any money. I'm sure Skystream/Elitemods will keep us up to date on any developments.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  12. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

They Always do :)
    Its All good

Mhart14 likes this.
  13. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

As it turns out
    You didn't miss a thing ;)

Mhart14 likes this.
  14. Mhart14

Mhart14 Active Member

When sportsdevil is working it is right on par with the VIP add on anyway. Like Skystream/Elitemods always say they are not responsible for any of the add ons working. They are still the best for all that they do for the Skystream family.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  15. Byzantium

Byzantium New Member

New User. That explains why this selection does absolutely nothing. I should probably remove it from the menu.

16. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

What box model do you own

17. Byzantium

Byzantium New Member

Skystream One. The Skystream X app happened to load yesterday, for a change. Don't have the time right now to explore whether this is currently just promotional info, or if it can go on to do something useful. Will report back on that later.

I also have one competing box that apparently has similar specs, plus a Gen. 2 Amazon Fire TV and an older WD Live TV box. There have been a list of over 40 notable apps (such as FUBAR, Goodfellas and Icefilms) that simply error out on the Skystream -- saying "Check the Log" for details -- yet they work just fine on the competing box. To that list I have now added another dozen or so non-working major apps that I've found, including Gorilla Streams. However, quite a few "Must Have" apps like Exodus are working on the Sky One. Because of that, and because of the time I've invested in setting up the Sky One with a personal selection of apps and settings, I would be rather hesitant to follow any advice that goes "Well, you should scrub everything and just do it over." Some room for an even worse outcome there, it seems to me. That sounds reminiscent of that long-term school of advice recommending a standard solution of re-installing Windows (plus all your apps and customization) from scratch, every time you've run into issues with that. Massive overkill, and a huge waste of time. I've managed to get along just fine not doing that with Windows -- since at least NT.

I received a solicitation of my opinion on the Sky One from a principal of the company, to which I've replied in much greater detail. No response as yet. If that is not forthcoming, I can try to hash it out in the forums here. Meanwhile, the other box is bringing in nearly all of those services. I've only found around 5 or 6 so far that were not working for it. And yes, I am aware of the attrition among certain of the many apps that have been out there, with some now being defunct. That probably has little or no overlap with the lists I've been keeping.

18. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Send me the list
    I will crosscheck against my ONE ♡

Byzantium likes this.
  19. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

But create a new post in this section as what u r talking about has nothing to do with this topic of the exclusive addon, this post is going to be deleted soon because it is obsolete

20. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Are you in the US