XBMC AND KODI

Discussion in 'XBMC for SkyStream/Android General Discussion' started by SVENSWORLD, Aug 22, 2015.

1. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

Why Two Names

XBMC stands for XBOX Media Center

The XBMC Media Streaming Program/App was developed originally on the Xbox gaming unit and grew, and grew.It developed into having almost every file extension so it could be installed on almost every platform.Due to its wide variety of uses, and for legal reasons(isn't there always legal reasons, lol), the developers wanted to distance the program from the XBOX

Recently,
    XBMC became KODI
    Who the hell knows what KODI stands for. :)

It is the same program in the sense that Ibuprofen and Motrin are the same
    Ibuprofen is the drug, Motrin is a fancy brand name of the drug.Still the same ingredients

KODI Has been quick out of the gate and its rapid growth have fueled some healthy debates
    Some who have to have something, just because it is new, rush to install every released version of Kodi, even Beta versions

Others, who are more into streaming performance, choose to wait until Versions of KODI stand the test of time.
    In Fact, many Skystream X Company big wigs, stil run XBMC Gotham on their boxes, even though Skystream X has approved KODI version 14.2 as the only stable version of KODI that will run with their Media Boxes and encounter the least issues, So as a Skystream X customer you can run Gotham XBMC, or KODI 14.2 Helix, without seeing noticible difference in infrastructure, they look the same, and essentially operate the same.
    And currently The Elite Mods Team is testing versions of KODI Isengard(latest Release). At such time when they find a version number of KODI isengard that stands the test of time and meets their highest standards of excellence, they will notify skystream x, and skystream x will notify its customers through the Skysyream X help application installed on all skysyream x media boxes(check today that your box has this app)
    This is the only way XBMC/KODI WILL EVER BE UPDATED ON A SKYSTREAM X MEDIA BOX, DOING IT YOURSELF FROM WATCHING A VIDEO OR RESPONDING TO A POP UP MESSAGE ON YOUR TV SCREEN FROM AN ADDON WITHIN XBMC/KODI TO UPDATE, WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR STREAMING ADDONS.DO NOT BE FOOLED TO UPDATE DON'T WORRY, :) SKYSTREAM X KNOWS WHAT VERSION THEY HAVE PUT ON YOUR BOX, BECAUSE THAT IS THE VERSION THEY WANT TO STAY ON YOUR BOX.

Thete currently is no projected time frame for KODI Isengard to be released to Skystream X customers.Continue using Gotham or Helix

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

I have felt sorry for this Header, it never had a thread, Now after a long wait, it is no longer naked

3. Mhart14

Mhart14 Active Member

I still have XBMC on my main box and it still works great.

SVENSWORLD likes this.
  4. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

I run KODI 14.2, but they are essentially the same, I ame very pleased with my streaming experience at this time as well

Mhart14 likes this.
  5. SVENSWORLD

SVENSWORLD Administrator

This thread is DEAD
    No need for this Forum Topic Anymore
    Extremely Outdated